Erin and Andrew met during their Senior year of college at UC-Berkeley and became close friends.
“The transition from friends into something more serious happened while traveling in Australia after graduation,” Erin says.
Last February, the adorable couple was invited to join Andrew’s sister (and family) on a beach house vacation in Oahu, Hawaii. Of course, the two did not pass up the opportunity to take a romantic getaway together. While Erin had a tranquil and relaxing vacation, she had no idea that Andrew had nervously been walking around with a diamond ring in his pocket, searching for the perfect moment to pop the question.
When Erin and Andrew sat on the beach to soak in the beautiful sunset on their last day in Oahu, Andrew presented the diamond ring and formally asked Erin to become his wife.
First, many thanks to the talented Sia McDonald for sharing these amazing photographs!
To say that Erin and Andrew’s wedding was “dreamy” is an understatement. Every last wedding detail, which there was no shortage of, was thoughtfully planned by the visionary bride. Erin loves finding little pieces that inspire her, from flea market finds to garage sale nick-knacks. Clearly, the girl could have a very bright future in event design.
The wedding was held at a family friend’s private estate in Pebble Beach California.
“We were so incredibly fortunate to have such special friends offer up their beautiful home for the occasion. The homeowners, my parents, family friends, and my husband and I were a regular work detail at the property in the weekends and months leading up to the wedding,” says Erin.
She adds, “I love and enjoy design, and really felt it was important that people felt like they were part of a special event from the moment they stepped onto the property.”
Perhaps what makes this wedding so utterly chic is the brilliant infusion of many different wedding styles. Erin managed to maintain a cohesive look with universal appeal- giving every guest something to swoon over.
Having a skilled “handyman” for a dad and a creative mother, Erin counted on her parents to help with the many do-it-yourself “wedding projects” she envisioned.
Projects included: the hand painted sign post, a family photo wall, wooden lanterns on the pathway, hanging tree lights with floating blooms, a mirrored place card display, a custom photo booth, etc.
Together, the bride and groom designed all of the wedding paper goods (printed by the Greener Printer).
When I asked Erin which wedding details were most important to her she said, “According to my husband, everything!”
“I think a lot of my family and friends looked at me like I was crazy when I was going into so much detail, but I asked them just to trust me and that once it’s all put together they will understand why I wanted it…and they did.”
Be sure t0 check out Erin and Andrew’s “dream team” of outstanding wedding vendors!
- Ceremony & Reception Venue: Family friend’s private estate (Pebble Beach, CA)
- Photographer: Sia McDonald
- Coordinator: Jennifer Janzen, MAP Events
- Florist: Christine Cater, Carmel CA
- Rentals (linens, chairs, etc.): hartmannstudios.com
- Catering Company: Paradise Cateringhttp://paradisecater.com
- Wedding dress: Amy Kuschel
- Bride’s Bracelet – J.crew
- Brooch on bride’s belt – vintage flea market find
- Bride’s earrings –Kate Spade purchased at Nordstrom
- Lockets on bouquet – family heirlooms “something old”
- Bridesmaid’s dresses: Amsale via Bella Bridesmaid (San Francisco)
- Flower Girl style: Classy Sassy Girls on etsy
- Bridal Shoes: Cole Haan
- Headpiece or Veil: DIY hair flower
- Hair/Makeup: SHe Artists
- Desserts: Homemade brownies by bride’s mom, cakes by Gayles Bakery, Groomsman’s mom made famous chocolate chip cookies
- Music: DNA Entertainment
- Stationery (invitations): DIY by the bride & groom, printed by Greener Printer
- Officiant: Buddy Scott (family friend)
- Hotel Accommodations: Portola Hotel & Spa
- Couple’s current residence: San Francisco
Category: BOHEMIAN, bridal accessories, bridal bouquets, Bridal Gowns, Bridesmaids, Ceremony, CLASSIC, CRAFTY, DESTINATION, DIY, Events, Fashion, Favorites, FEMININE, Flowers, GLAMOROUS, Hair, Handmade, Jewelry, MODERN, Planning, Real Weddings, Reception, Resources, shoes, stationery, STYLE INSPIRATION, Vendors, VINTAGE